Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Easter, Sister Mary-Elizabeth, Noah the Ark and raisin bread filled with threats.

I was made to go to Sunday school. As you can imagine I was a bit of trouble maker Sister Mary-Elizabeth did not like the fact that I was always asking why?


Why did he part the sea? Why didn't he just build some boats? Why can we only eat fish on Good Friday? Why is it called Good Friday?

Imagine Sister Mary Elizabeth's delight when she told us the story of Noah and the Ark and I applauded (she did a great job narrating that story)

Her eyes narrowed she was waiting for me to start with the Whys?

I had no why! Noah rocked! He got two of each animal! He was a real cupid? The ultimate matchmaker. Sister Mary Elizabeth informed my mother that as usual I was not grasping Catholic dogma. What is dogma? My mother gave me the look. I zipped my lip.

Back to Noah, I understood Noah, here was a man with a plan, a plan to ensure that even animals not feel alone! Noah was my hero! I wanted more info on Noah how did he tend to the animals, did the animals fall in love with each other, did they make babies? Imagine the look on my poor mother's face as I ask her all these questions while standing at the bakery line for our raisin bread. My mother hissed at me that if I didn't stop with the question no raisin bread for me.

Wow I had crossed a line no raisin bread, that threat had never been issued even when I committed the ultimate faux pas regarding the ash on the forehead by telling my mom that we were going to be murdered because we were marked with a sign.

Come to think of it I wonder how my mom managed to stay looking so young for so long with me as her daughter but I digress.

Back to Noah, I love G+ and social media because it gives me an opportunity to meet and interact with other brilliant individuals and create daily stories.

And lately I have been kicking around the idea of finding a partner in crime to write a story. Now if only Noah could just hook me up with my writing counterpart.

P.S. I am not religious, if you are religious that is AWESOME  but PLEASE KEEP IT TO YOURSELFF

P.P.S if you are also looking for another half to write something funny, witty entertaining drop me a line.

Ciao until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment