Monday, March 25, 2013

Memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2njHW9ydWs

We give names to fill  the empty void, feeling unsettled with our inability to name that which we don't understand. We create words to describe that vague unsettled feeling, we call it serendipity, coincidence, chance, luck, God, spirits, angels. The names are endless to combat the uncomfortable not-knowing.

We all search, it is our nature it is our destiny, to attempt to name the unknowable. I call it memory.  Before my great-great-great grandparents were born I existed, the wheel of fortune had already begun before my distant ancestors scraped by on their knuckles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2njHW9ydWsWith each generation when they were no more when even the dust that was once their bones was no more they passed on something to each successive generation, they passed on their memories. Our DNA, RNA, our molecules, the air is heavy with the collective knowledge of all memories.

When I feel love, anger, sadness, the past has woken, passing down learned lessons. The past creates signposts in the confusing landscape mapping out and bringing to light paths and roads.

Stored in my memory banks is the knowledge that those who will come in the future will need. I am just a memory like those before and those after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment