Sunday, February 24, 2013

I don't want the perfect photograpic shot I want one that speaks to me.

I love looking through photo-sharing apps and websites. I only took 6 years of art history. I am not an expert. I tend to like a piece because it touches, catches my eyes or is the beginning (or end)of a story.

Having said that not matter what  photographer does I am always left unimpressed by pictures of pets, flowers, clouds, beaches, mountain tops and please quit with the food and Starbucks pics already.

I love pictures of people going about there day to day existence. I also like pictures of things where they don't belong http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisbethej/8331569904/in/photostream This sculpture is across the street from the Georgia Avenue Petworth Library. Some day I will be less lazy and try to find the beginning of its origins but for now. The picture represents art in the every day. This is also one of my favorite pictures. All the gorgeous colors right in the middle of the street. People rush by it without giving it a second glance. http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisbethej/8330512411/in/photostream

Color me a helpless romantic but I love this picture. I know this couple very well and when you are standing in their presence you can feel their love. I love the fact that the mirror reflects their union in the presence of another dear friend. http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisbethej/8286461410/in/datetaken/

This picture has so many stories that I would rather that you give me your interpretation.

If you see someone randomly whipping out a camera and snapping pictures that is me. I don't look for the perfect shot I look for shots that tell a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment