Saturday, February 23, 2013

Old people, wallets, treasure and money

I spent some time with my mom this past week and as always a dull moment did not occur.  My dear mama could have had a successful career in the CIA or NSA as she likes to snoop peruse my things. My wallet was lying on the couch next to me its contents about to completely spill out. Side note the last time I cleaned out my wallet was back in the year of Dubya reign presidency.

So my mom nudges the wallet and voila it all spills out, now I am not going to rain on my mom's snooping parade plus I will admit I too was curious to see what was inside. Next thing I know my mother laughs in glee she has hit the mother lode.

Eureka! Money yes foreign currency from all my travels.

Most people collect postcards, shot glasses or t-shirts. Me I collect currency, I like to keep it classy. My mom grabs the stash and fans it around she leans in close to me and says: "you know there is a currency exchange place down the street I think I will stop by tomorrow."

Anyone else and I would have battled over my vacation treasures. I looked at the rest of the spilled contents and sighed. I will clean out the wallet someday or maybe someone else will come along and find more buried treasure within so I don't have to do the dirty work.

No comments:

Post a Comment