Monday, April 22, 2013

Neglect

The original intent was a mea-culpa regarding neglecting the blog, but then I realized that sounded silly.  At the moment I have zero followers and no one would notice if this blog lived or died. I retained the title neglect because it paints a bigger picture of my life.

Neglect is like a cancer that spreads slowly through out the body, it takes a hold of the heart, mind and soul. When neglect burrows its way inside the body excising the wound is painful.

The opposite of neglect is not action, neglect is not passive it is an active endeavor. Neglect requires purposeful planned action.

Neglect comes in many flavors and colors, health, mental,  spiritual, faith, determination.

One of the first steps towards working on the cure is knowing the affliction.  Knowing where the neglect has occurred and examining it before acting. Mindless action will only spin the wheels with no movement so now I looking all the areas divorcing and uncoupling them from each other. Why? because while they are all inter-dependent they all need proper individual attention to heal the whole.

If you read this for the giggles or boredom either way thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Some very wise words, just what I needed on this Monday. I have you circled on G+ and kind of felt that your writing there was a blog of sorts but I see the point that a blog should be an active thing, like life.
    I have neglected my blogs, and life really, and I like your idea of breaking both up into areas and working on each one therefore healing the whole.
    I think my biggest area of neglect in life has been for the first time living alone. I went from living at home to getting married and raising a family then divorce and being on my own. Close to family but not living with, but that will change next month and I have been mulling over what that means, so, your idea of working on that aspect of my life and seems to be very timely.
    We will both see how blogs and life work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by RandalH funny never considered my G+ writing but you are right.

    I think that we as Americans like things "now" and we forget that when things fall apart they just don't completely fall apart they are like dominoes.

    Like gaining weight no one gains 20 lbs over night but everyone wants to lose it over night with one trip to the gym.

    We are all complex humans when we neglect ourselves it is slow and insidious piece by piece. Making ourselves whole is a process like walking. We stand, we balance, we place one foot in front of the other we navigate around obstacles, chairs, doors etc. We just keep walking until we arrive at our destination and when we get to our destination we readjust and plan further.

    People will often say they neglected their health and will start work out, and they are not happy because their mental well being is neglected as well so then they work on that then they notice other areas.

    I don't believe that self-reflection is navel gazing with no other purpose than vanity. It is because we know ourselves so little that we pass judgement, we dont listen, and we show a lack of empathy for ourselves.

    You have a huge opportunity ahead of you living by yourself discovering what you love, what you dont like. Finding those peaceful quite moments, not having to answer to anyone for your time. Enjoy it trust me life will press in on you soon enough.

    At the end of the day we can only move one step at a time and the time is always right.

    ReplyDelete