Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pinterest, boards, secrets and you the writer

OK so I have this twisted relationship with Pinterest. As a story-teller I understand Pinterest as website. When I go on Pinterest I am lost. All the boards, the re-pinning. Visually Pinterest looks like a shopping catalog on steroids and bath salts (the zombie bath salts as opposed to the good kind) pinning is great.

But try keep track of your boards if you are following someone, exactly a nightmare. When I started Pinterest I actually made my boards private just for me hey I figured it would be nice to have a visual board.

Imagine my delight today when I got pinged on the app and an email announcing "secret boards." I think Pinterest is moving in the right direction with secret boards not happy about the limit of 3 secret boards and I still not crazy about the lay-out of Pinterest.

You are probably wondering what does Pinterest mean to you the author if you are suffering from the malaise called writers block surf through Pinterest for just 5 minutes you will be visually assaulted by so many disparte images you will definitely walk away with some new ideas for your novel.

If you want to sign up for Pinterest head over to http://pinterest.com/ and happy pinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment