Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sony e-reader books now liberated

Those of you who know me, know I am a gadget junky, you need a USB 2.0 or 3.0 cable, SD and micro-SD got those too along with everything else I keep in my gadget treasure chest.

So it will not shock you when I say I was one of the early adopters of the Sony E-reader. I would ride the train during rush hour and people would tap me and ask about the Sony E-reader. I was giddy like a high school girl with her first crush I would describe the e-reader as an iPod for books. But like most school girl crushes (with or without twinkling vampires) the love had a heavy price. Sony had a redunkulous DRM system that made reading on the e-reader not so pleasant.

Imagine my pleasant a few days ago to discover this:

https://ebookstore.sony.com/download/

The 400 books I purchased before Amazon released its first Kindle are now liberated, let freedom ring.  I am now going through my Sony library and I am so happy that they released an app I want to personally send them a fruit basket.

I would continue to write but like a kid at Christmas I am to excited about my new stash of reading material.

Happy reading and writing folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment