Saturday, November 10, 2012

What if?

Every story I have ever made up in my head, or sat down to write has started with what if?

When I read a good story by the end, the what if, has been resolved and I can see the organic germination from where the author spun and weaved their story.

Every sentence, paragraph, page should move the reader through a series of revelations, removing veils, answering what if until the reader looks back and thinks so that is how it all started and why it ended.

Whenever, my characters start to go silent I realize it is because I have decided to impose my will on them and instead let them lead me to the natural conclusion of what if.

What if, will help your characters develop more fully, what if will help your plot move and grow as it should. What if will keep your readers turning the page.

What if, is the reason that the great stories are passed down and endure.

Go ahead stick what if in front of your opening sentence and the beginning of each paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment