Sunday, September 9, 2012

Her Town Too



I was born when great singers were passing the torch to less great singers which brings me to the song I have been listening today an odd song indeed since it does not reflect a situation I have gone through and yet when I hear James Taylor sing "Her Town, Too" I feel the sense of longing of wanting to stay in a marriage even though everyone knows its broken.

I hear the lyrics and I understand that divorce is not an act between two people but a pebble flung into a pond that ripples out touching those who know the soon to be divorced. The battle lines are drawn, sides are chosen, hero and villain are cast and each side has a story.

For those who have never heard the song here is a great version thanks to youtube

James Taylor's Her Town Too

Yeah, it used to be her town too...but I always felt it used to be his town too.....because they both lost something.....

No comments:

Post a Comment