Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lets Go Outside

When I think about writing I often think about music, ok just about everything makes me think about books and music. Now that I have started writing I realize that staring at a screen waiting for inspiration. Waiting for words, trying to fix a scene, a line a paragraph can be a hopeless endeavor and sometimes I just need to go outside.

When I leave the computer screen behind I am confronted by people billions of them with all their beautiful weirdness, beliefs, masks, thought and charm. And that is when I whip out my phone to snap a picture to capture a moment or a tap out a note on my phone that magically fixes the writing "problem" which was never a problem.

I have fallen in love with my stories, my characters are like old friends who whisper their experience and all I do is try to capture the magic.  Am I capturing the magic? I don't know, I do know I will be vocally judged by those when my  book is published.

Being published is a double edge sword, on the one hand you expose your creation and on the other hand you are happy to share the creation when the reviews are positive.

So it is time for me to go outside....

No comments:

Post a Comment