Friday, May 24, 2013

Cherchez la femme. The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world

The first time I heard the term Cherchez la femme I didn't think much of it. I figured that it was just men casting the normal aspersions on women. 

Then today happened. Yes I was angry, oh I was boiling tea kettle angry. I was fit to be tied. And as my anger grew, my feelings of having been disrespected and stepped on increased. And then *click* the anger was no more and I realized that while feeling angry is a normal human emotions it is what we do with the anger that determines outcomes. 

And then I remembered Cherchez la femme and I thought to myself "Yes!" I am that woman. I am the woman who will not stand by and allow injustice. I am the woman who will call out ill manners and bad behavior. I am the woman who will create an opportunity to take a negative and turn it into a positive. 

And now the more I think about it the more I believe that the term Cherchez la femme  was created because a woman refused to sit idly by and pretend all was OK. It is those types of women who will not have their voices silenced. It is those types of women who change the world because they don't like the current version. It is those women who look around and say: "I am not going to wait for someone to save me, I will help myself."

So the next time you hear a man nudge and wink and slyly say Cherchez la femme  realize that it is only because she was the one willing to take the risks to change that which no longer fit in the world.   

cherchez la femme 

No comments:

Post a Comment