Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A perfect moment

I am not a teacher, but I do work with schools. I was just outside in the playground with the 3-4 year old's and I experienced a moment of perfection. Little bodies playing, laughing and learning. Pointing out all the amazing trees like the red, yellow and green leaves. They played with dirt and made little house and forts. They pretended to be birds and monkeys and swing on the playground.

I looked around I jumped right in, yes I too played.

And it was amazing, all of a sudden I realized that the trees were magical they were multicolored and I could search for the treasure in each leaf.

That wasn't just dirt but a magical substance that could create a fortress. And the best part about playing was the lack of judgement the freedom to just be. The ability to live each second as they arise with no thoughts of past present or future.

Although the playtime was brief it was like my parched soul was watered, no judgements, no critics. While I was on the playground I could just be. And I cant think of a greater gift than to just be.

I hope you go outside and play as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment