Thursday, October 4, 2012

Take a bow

I will be the first to admit I may have a teeny tiny book addiction. I like a good story and I love ♥ a great story. But not all great stories are in books being a generation X baby meant music videos. Music videos that told a story from the opening scene to the final note being sung.

40 seconds into the video we see the bullfighter and Madonna dressing, they both wear corset like clothing that accentuates their figures increasing their sexuality and visual appeal. As they finish dressing we see that they are each dressing for their prescribed parts in society but if you look at the cut, the material of the clothing you can also see the subtle subtext that they are each dressing for each other.

Even in a public setting where they must each play their roles they can use those roles to heighten the longing and sexual desire they feel for each other. The clothes are a prop of course like any sexual toy but in the video if all you see is a bull fighter and a lover you have missed the foreplay. Although the foreplay does come a bit later in the video (this is Madonna after all.)

I look around as I make my way through the day and I still see the world in those video snippets from yesteryear. The passive aggressive body language during office meetings. The sly glances on the metro. The crossing and un-crossing of legs when an attractive prospect boards the train. All of these are stories that I capture in my brain, only unlike a book I create the context and dynamics.

I have come to realize that even when I am not reading I still have my stories. Only now I have moved on to the next chapter, no longer a passive vessel but an active participant looking to share and entertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment