Sunday, October 28, 2012

Torn to pieces

If books were an unhealthy addiction, I would never be clean and truth is I would give into my addiction gladly. Thankfully books are an addiction with only mind blowing side effects such as: making you laugh, cry, wonder in amazement feel fear, feel joy etc.

Lately I have not been reading because I don't want my writing to be influenced by another author. Apparently one of the Lisbeth's didn't get the memo we are creative in an empty room with bare walls and only a chair and it would still be a party. And let me tell you it would be an epic party.

Because I had been denying myself of my drug and self control is a muscles that taxes itself with to much exertion (just read the study so now I have proof) I caved, cracked, succumbed to read.

Oh it felt good every single page turn was a new rush of wonderful stimulating endorphins that can only be compared to a good time, good food or good sex.

When I was done with the book I realized something interesting the book had given me a completely DIFFERENT idea of the premise and outcome of the book. So my brain must be working harder smarter.

And I the brain scurried here and there I realized it wasn't just the book it was the accumulation of many books and the idea my brain is currently consumed by would have never happened without the previous hundreds of authors plus the book I just finished.

Moral of the story: when you write you need to read a lot.

So I do think it is possible to read for pleasure and continue to write.

Excuse me I need to take another hit the second book is calling me....

No comments:

Post a Comment