Sunday, October 14, 2012

Losing the battle but winning the war insomnia my old friend



I was going to fight my insomnia, I broke out all my weapons and prepared for battle.
  • meditation
  • eye mask
  • ear plugs
  • white noise
  • chamomile tea
  • counting the breath
I lost. I mean like zero sleep lost, like clockwork no sleep = headache following day I lost. Sandman came and threw a PARTAY.  The brain said sleep is for the weak we are at war. *Note to self do not watch 12 hours before attempting to go sleep*

And then my modified stages of grief kicked in
  • Denial
  • Anger
  • Resentment
  • Rage
  • Acceptance
Acceptance I waved the white flag, I was exhausted I didn't want to fight anymore.

And then an idea slipped, like a blanket that falls perfectly on the body for rest. My heart started to hammer, not just an idea because it unfolded like parchment it was more than an idea it was a story not just a story but the story. The story I have wondered about the story that for years has teased  and taunted.

But....before I leap into that remember in all my post this--> can be linked to that <--

Check the web and you will be given quite a bit of advice if you
  1. Have insomnia
  2. You are new to writing
Interestingly enough the advice for insomnia--> and advice for writing <-- can read the same
 a. keep a notebook close by record your idea
 b. pay attention to how you feel
 c. capture all your thoughts

If all of those things work for you GREAT!  I lay in bed and half the brain read the story and the other half wrote the story. I would not interrupt the process to "physically write it." Already the story had become engraved in my brain. When I finish this post I will start to write the introduction to the story.  I already know the beginning but something tells me I am in for a wild ride and I look forward to each word in every sentence of every paragraph on the many pages. 

But before I start to write I cant help but wonder does --> Insomnia serve a purpose Creativity<--- ???

leave a comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment