Monday, October 22, 2012

Call Me Ishmael, No call me Rumpelstiltskin, actually just call me Lisbeth

I was watching Once Upon a Time last night and I kept thinking about Rumpelstiltskin today, because someone said something not nice to me.

I thought I didn't care because the person who said it not someone I admire or look to for guidance.

Then I guess my subconscious or my back-brain as I like to call must have dwelled  on it because I thought of quite a few put downs for this person and I wanted to tell this person about them self.

And for a moment I felt powerful like Rumpelstiltskin I knew that power meant having the upper hand. And during that glorious brief moment a mental image of myself flashed in my first brain and I saw:

















And I was not pleased with that pic. Rumpelstiltskin's major weakness was once his greatest strength. When
Rumpelstiltskin refused to fight in the ogre war he understood that it was futile endeavour and his son meant more to him than death or the glory of a fallen soldier. While people in his village ridiculed
Rumpelstiltskin his love for his son was his strength it allowed him to hold fast to his belief and what he believed was right. 

People will call us cowards, not good enough etc, like Rumpelstiltskin we can choose to be true to our love which should always start with our self.

I am choosing to be Lisbeth, and remember that life will set my priorities or I will set them, but regardless what I follow will determine my outlook. I choose to be Lisbeth, so don't call me Ishmael, because both the whale and I have our respective karma's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment