Thursday, October 11, 2012

From the classics straight to the hardcore stuff

While most kids were experimenting with drugs, alcohol and sex. I was experimenting with books. Back in the days. We didn't have many authors interested in the "Young Adult" genre which left poor little old me with no recourse but to go from the classics straight to adult books in every genres.

I would be the first to admit that my cherry was popped before it was popped. One series in particular will always stand out for its fantasy, voluptuous sexy time and at the time for me outrageous sexual predilections. I felt worldly and yet a novice reading Anne Rice"The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty."

In my hand I held a fairy tale plus every hormonal urge that has struck humans since Adam figured out Eve was naked.

I consider "The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty" the pinnacle of sexual fetish fantasy in its full glory and splendor, nothing is held back, the entire story is decadent like the perfect piece of dessert. It is rich in imagery and the scenes were burned into my teenage mind. I have re-read the series to see if it still held the same sexual appeal and the answer is OMG YES.

Only now I am not an innocent ingenue who was shocked at such a story and dialog, I read it now thinking yes this is a real adult book not masquerading behind thin appeals to the younger crowd wanting something "naughty" to read but a book for adults who want to push mental boundaries in the literary form.

If you are interested in reading Anne Rices' Trilogy you can download or buy amazon.com
The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment