Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Challenging Time or Time Challenged

When I am not repeating a scene from my story in my brain, I am often thinking of ways on how to effectively manage my time.

My heart wants to write, my brain knows that I have bills, need at least 8 hours to sleep and have to put in 8 hours at the office.

I went on a bit of a bender OK I went balls to the walls and overloaded on every time-management app, software, gadget etc.

I will beat you to it and say, the time I invested in the apps, software, gadgets, and other miscellaneous time management tools was a waste of time in the sense that I didn't discover the Hail Mary of time management.

I did discover a few things that are NECESSARY to be a productive writer, time manager or astronaut

1. 8 hours sleep
2. eating balances meal
3. exercise (whatever you do that works up a sweat)
4. relaxing (yes if you don't relax you cant write, manage your time or go up into space)
5. turn off the distractions which includes the apps, software, gadgets etc that are meant to "manage your time"

How do you balance/manage your full time job and continue to write?

No comments:

Post a Comment