Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The life and times of Amelia Gold
Part 1
I am Amelia Gold, I have a younger sister and a brother, both went to Harvard. My brother went to Harvard Law my sister Harvard Medical School. I went to a private university for Finance like my dad. Maybe it wasn't Harvard, and maybe I am not tall and gorgeous like my sister and brother. Maybe I am short but my brother and sister always stole the show so it was better if I blended into the background. 

Now here I am 28, my sister who got married two years ago as prescribed by society standards now has provided the family with the next generation. The look of disappointment in my parents eyes, I try not to think to much about that or else the anxiety comes back. I don't get it I have a great job, I have been promoted twice and I am about to be promoted again my incompetent boss gives me all her work and yet they look at me and all they see is someone who works for a nonprofit organization. Yes I work with the poor. 

You see I decided that after being looked down my whole life I could empower myself, and that there were people out there that had worse problems and as long as they didn't know me I could be powerful. So here I am, I help people manage their lives. and xanax helps manage mine. Am I a fraud of course not I am an American, I have had a great life and now I am helping the poor.

But I have a confession, it is hard to like the poor, they have so many problems and they are not very smart and sometimes when they talk I don't hear them, I suppose I should feel guilty but instead I think to myself, I have given them a gift I allowed them to speak and feel heard. 

Tomorrow I have a tough case I have a family of 4 the husband lost his job and now the wife is pregnant. Why would she get pregnant again when she has 4 kids? I used to ask questions like that when I first started then I realized that if it wasnt for the poor and bad decisions I wouldn't have a job and I how would I feel better.

And I need to feel better ASAP because tomorrow I also have a date, not just any date but a date with a good looking guy my family approves us. 

I will have to pop another Xanax in order to sleep tonight, this date is super important I have to show my mom and dad that just because I failed at Finance, that I can have a great life like Adam and Lilly. 

I hope I sleep and I have no idea what to wear, I have been working out but my legs still look like drumsticks. My mom said I look pasty and puffy like the pillsbury doughboy last time I visited. Thank God for the tea diet that helped me cleanse I should be able to fit into the dress I picked out for our date tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment