Monday, October 29, 2012

Defiance

I hate hearing the word "no" especially in response to a request. I hate the feeling that I should be thankful when crumbs of kindness are thrown my way. I hate the feeling that my time, my thoughts, my view must be moderated by someone who doesn't know or doesn't care how I feel.

So I write, I write in defiance of people who tell me that meaningful work is done between 9-5pm.  I write in defiance of people who claim I must be on a certain schedule. I defy people who tell me to stay within the lines, to only use crayons and use my indoor voice.

I have a brain and I will use it, my brain belongs to me. Nothing you say will make me change my views, opinions or thoughts. You can use threats, force, blackmail but trust me in the end I will defy you and I will laugh. I was born to be free and no cage for my own security will keep me trapped for to long. No amount of fear-mongering will keep me from spreading my wings and climbing higher. No amount of negative comments or hateful words will keep me from my goal.

For to many years I listened to everyone else, because I am a good girl well now I am ME. So I will defy everyone who says: "I am not" because I am.

I want my last thoughts on my deathbed to be yeah I did it, not I wish I had tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment