Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Just a little bit of history repeating itself

Depending on who you ask there are #___ of plots when it comes to stories and according to the Internet Public Library http://www.ipl.org/div/farq/plotFARQ.htmlyou can truly pick.

When I read a ho-hum book. I often think of the Properllheads featuring Miss Shirley singing Just a little bit of history repeating itself before you run off and label me a cynic. It is those stories that repeat with a twist that keeps me reading.

Looking for the twist is what compels me to write because I can sense that someone may have written about goblins, zombies, mountains but maybe goblins have digestive issues which only allow them to consume dust bunnies. My zombies aren't cannibals they are misunderstood they just want to have some brain power again you get the picture.

The best part of writing is the pure creation process the ability to weave a thread into a blanket that covers the imagination with new thoughts and ideas.

What is your favorite book that reminds you of another book you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment