Monday, October 15, 2012

Ravel's Sleeping Beauty

I was blessed, I grew up listening to all types of music, most people think that is limited to classical and anything that is English. But no, Italian, Spanish, Irish, Farsi, Portuguese, French, Russian, and the list goes on and and on.

When my brain overloaded from stories I would turn to music to create my own stories and I remember listening to Ravel's Pavane de la Belle Au Bois Dormant and be transported to a forest. Not a scary forest but one filled with fairies, magic, god-mothers and flowers endless ccolorful flowers. I would play the song over and over again, thinking that if I did at some point I could jump into the song the way I could lose myself in a story. I was to young to understand the by mere virtue of all I had imagined I had already jumped into Ravel's story. 

I am continuously humbled by all the great artist who have shared their gifts and passion with us.

 If you could jump into a song, which song would you choose and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment